Friday 20 July 2012

Restaurant Tak Fok H.K Seafood, Puchong

I was craving for crab last weekend so told Stan that I want (NEED) to have crab for dinner! I have a thing for crabs... super love (to eat) them. Since we were too lazy to drive to some place far, we went to Restaurant Tak Fok Hong Kong Seafood in Puchong.



We arrived around 6.00 pm and it was already full house. I believe they used to hand out numbers or take customers' name down and we'll have wait patiently for our number/name to be called out before being ushered to our table. But now they doing it a bit different. 


They placed a rostrum just outside the shop where they'll take your orders and will seat you once the next table is available. I find it much better because the waiting time for my food when I'm finally seated will be shorter.


While waiting for our table, Stan noticed that they were having this lobster promotion too! He wanted to change our crab order to lobster instead but I was like NO! I WANT MY CRAB! *death stare* LOL




Pretty cheap, RM 48/- per lobster. Boston lobster, each lobster is approximately 500 gram. 


We were quite lucky that we didn't have to wait too long. Got our table in less than 15 minutes after we've placed our order.



This was the crowd at 6.30pm. I wonder what time these people come eat lo. 5.30pm? Got people eat dinner so early one meh?


Anyways, our food came shortly after we were seated. We were firstly greeted by their Superior Clam Soup (Xiong Tong La La) @ RM 15.


You would expect the usual ingredients for this dish - bird's eye chilies, wolf berries/ goji berries, Chinese wine, and of course la la. The dish was aromatic and light, a good start to our dinner. The clams were fresh, properly cleaned, no sandy or gritty bits at all and they were VERY GENEROUS with the portion. However, I wished the chef could be more generous with the Chinese wine though. The dish would have been lifted to a whole new level.


Next came the Teo Chew Style Tofu @ RM 10.




I love this dish! Crispy on the outside and warm silky smooth tofu on the inside. Topped with minced meat and I'm assuming, preserved vegetables? I don't know but I'm a sucker for this yummy dish! Chef was a tad to heavy handed with the salt though for the sauce but meh.. I still love it. Just don't take the sauce and it's just fine :)


AND FINALLY... SALTED EGG CRABS @ RM28.




See how THICK those salted eggs coatings were??? Oh my... I abandoned the 2 dishes when the crabs were served. Even the tofu, yes. Every single piece of the crabs were well coated. Size of the crabs were decent and they were meaty. Love those salted egg so much that I can't help but to lick even the dried chilies clean :p.


Left the restaurant with a smile as my craving for crabs were satisfied. For now at least.




Restaurant Tak Fok H.K. Seafood
No.23 Jalan Puteri 2/15
Bandar Puteri Puchong
47100 Selangor
Business hours : Opens daily (12pm - 3pm) (5.30pm - 11pm)
Tel : 603 8060 6994

No comments:

Post a Comment